Download Video Links
Golf mats are perfect for practicing your swing, whether you’re working on your driver, woods, irons, or wedges. Just like you would at a driving range, you tee the ball up and swing away. A mat will help you maintain your stroke
Most golf practice mats can be used indoors or outdoors. And if you’re in the market for a golf mat, you might also be interested in a practice net. Keep reading here to see our post on the best golf practice nets for chipping and driving. You don’t need golf balls flying all over the neighborhood or bouncing off the walls of your house.
We’ve compiled a handful of some of the most popular golf mats to help you decide which is best for you. Do you want one with shorter “grass,” which is similar to what you’d find in the tee box or a well-maintained fairway? Or do you need more of a hybrid mat, which has both the aforementioned shorter grass but also a longer section to help simulate deeper rough? Both types are included in the list.
So keep reading below to see some of the top-rated golf practice mats available today.
And if you’re also looking to improve your game on the green, check out our post on the best putting mats with golf ball returns.
1. PGM3660 3 Feet by 5 Feet Emerald Par Golf Mat by All Turf Mats
The Emerald Par Golf Mat from All Turf Mats measures 3 feet by 5 feet and the top surface is made up of a 1/2 inch of nylon turf. This makes it feel you are in a tee box or well-manicured fairway. Thanks to the 5mm commercial grade foam backing, the mat has great grip and won’t slip or move on any surface — indoors or outdoors.
The mat includes one rubber tee, which can be moved to four different spots. So it’s conducive for both left- and right-handed golfers. Ideal for home use to hit into a net, the mat weighs a little over 10 pounds. It also comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty and an 8-year fade warranty.
If you need a larger version, check out All Turf Mats’ XL SuperMat Tee Golf Turf. That measures 4 feet by 5 feet and costs $169.99.
Buy the PGM3660 3 Feet by 5 Feet Emerald Par Golf Mat by All Turf Mats here.
- Foam grip backing to ensure mat won’t move/li>
- One rubber tee included
- Can be used on any surface, including concrete, wood, and grass
- Some users felt the mat wears quickly from iron shots
- Some users said the mat began bubbling in the contact after extended use
Find more PGM3660 3 Feet by 5 Feet Emerald Par Golf Mat by All Turf Mats information and reviews here.
2. Callaway FT Launch Zone Hitting Mat
You can’t have a golf equipment list and not have a Callaway product on it. The FT Launch Zone comes in two sizes — 1 by 2 feet or a smaller version at 8 by 16 inches — and has the feel and surface similar to what you’d find in a tee box or fairway. And speaking of the tee box, the FT Launch Zone has a patented tee holder, which is universal and can fit any size tee. Using your personal tee over a rubber one, which is often the case with practice mats, you’ll get a real, on-course feel.
Despite it’s smaller size, the mat is bottom-heavy and has solid grip underneath to prevent sliding and moving. The rubber backing on the upper portion also helps absorb shock on contact to protect your club on miss-hits. The mat can be used on most surfaces and is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
Price: 1 by 2 feet $42.60 (17 percent off MSRP); 8 by 16 inches $31.97 (9 percent off MSRP)
Buy the Callaway FT Launch Zone Hitting Mat here.
- Patented tee holder will support any tee
- Lightweight and small enough for easy transport
- Available in 2 sizes
- Some users felt the mat had a bad odor
- Some users thought the mat was too small
Find more Callaway FT Launch Zone Hitting Mat information and reviews here.
3. Rukket Tri-Turf Golf Hitting Mat Attack
Rukket Sports is a big player in the golf training game and their Tri-Turf Hitting Mat Attack takes practice mats to another level. It features three different types of turf — tee box, rough, and fairway — so you can work on your entire game in one place. Both the tee and rough turf measure 35mm and the fairway is 16mm. It also supports a real golf tee, so you’ll get a more realistic, on-course feel.
The 2mm thick base is made of durable rubber, and it will prevent the mat from sliding or moving upon contact. The mat measures 25 inches by 16 inches and weighs roughly 5 pounds, making it easily transportable. Rukket also designed the mat to act as a training tool for your stance. The 16 inch width is roughly shoulder distance apart, which is where your feet should be aligned when addressing the ball.
Buy the Rukket Tri-Turf Golf Hitting Mat Attack here.
- 3 different turf styles for a wider range of practice shots
- Width of the mat (16 inches) helps you get your feet properly aligned (shoulder width apart)
- It will fit your own tees for your driver and woods
- Some users had trouble getting a tee firmly into the turf
- Some users felt the “rough” portion of the mat wasn’t very realistic
Find more Rukket Tri-Turf Golf Hitting Mat Attack information and reviews here.
4. Truedays Golf Mat 12 Inch by 24 Inch Residential Practice Hitting Mat with Rubber Tee Holder
If you’re looking for a no-frills, inexpensive mat to keep your swing tuned in, Trudays Golf Mat could be your answer. Measuring at 12 inches by 24 inches, the upper turf is made of woven nylon, which is designed to imitate the grass you’d expect to see in a tee box. This mat also has a built-in rubber tee when practicing with your driver and woods. But it’s also suitable for iron and wedge shots.
The bottom of the mat is rubber, which helps eliminate sliding and moving on impact. That rubber also makes the mat usable on most surfaces indoors and out. Another nice feature is that the lightweight mat can roll up, making easy to transport and compact for storage.
Price: $15.99 (11 percent off MSRP)
Buy the Truedays Golf Mat 12 Inch by 24 Inch Residential Practice Hitting Mat with Rubber Tee Holder here.
- Can be used indoors or outdoors on most surfaces
- Rolls up for easy storage and transport
- Some users felt the mat was too light and had trouble staying flat on grass
- Won’t support a real tee, includes a built-in rubber tee
Find more Truedays Golf Mat 12 Inch by 24 Inch Residential Practice Hitting Mat with Rubber Tee Holder information and reviews here.
5. Sklz Launch Pad All Purpose Hitting Mat
Like Rukket Sports, SKLZ is another company which specializes in sports training equipment, golf included. And like Rukket, SKLZ has developed a multi-functional golf mat designed to help you improve your swing on all the clubs in the bag. It features a two-tiered hitting surface so you can get in work with your driver, woods, irons, and wedges. The product also includes three rubber tees with varying heights for different clubs.
Measuring 1 foot by 2 feet, the top has a realistic grass-like surface. One side is similar to what you’d find at the tee and fairway and the other is deeper like a rough. And the bottom is made of rubber to help cut down on moving and sliding upon contact. The SKLZ Launch Pad is also compact enough to store and transport easily, so you can take your practice on the go.
Price: $24.98 (29 percent off MSRP)
Buy the Sklz Launch Pad All Purpose Hitting Mat here.
- Dual-surface mat for practicing with all clubs
- Includes 3 tees which vary in height for different clubs
- Heavy-duty, non-slip rubber bottom
- Some users felt the turf came attached from the rubber too easily
- Some users felt the mat is too light and moves to easily on surfaces