Tonight’s Powerball drawing is the second-largest in Powerball history, with an estimated jackpot of $700 million. Powerball drawings take place every Saturday and Wednesday night at 10:59 pm Eastern. How do you know if you won the Powerball? How do you know if you have the winning numbers? It’s very easy to figure out.
In short, there are multiple ways to win.
This is what you win if you buy a $2 ticket:
You can only get the big jackpot if you match all five white balls (in any order) and you match the red Powerball. The odds of this happening are a little over 1 in 292 million.
But there are a few more ways that you can win:
- If you match all five white balls, in any order, but not the Powerball, then you’ll get $1 million. The odds of this are a little over 1 in 11.6 million.
- If you match four out of five of the white balls and the Powerball, you’ll win $50,000. The odds of this are a little over 1 in 913,000.
- The winnings drop dramatically after this. You have two ways to win $100: either match four out of five of the white balls OR match three white balls and the Powerball.
- Next is your shot at $7. You’ll win $7 if you either match three out of five of the white balls OR you match two white balls and the Powerball.
- Last is your shot at $4, which you could use to buy two more Powerball tickets if you wanted. You’ll get this if you match one white ball and the Powerball OR if you just match the Powerball.
Here’s the thing: if you only match one white ball or two white balls and don’t match the Powerball, you don’t win anything.
If you want to make things a little easier, you can always download the LotteryHUB app on iPhone or Android, scan your ticket on the app, and see if you won that way. However, some reviews in the past have shown that people had trouble with the app and it wasn’t always scanning their Powerball tickets correctly.
To learn about other ways to find out what the winning numbers are, read Heavy’s stories below.