Download Video Links
Dead by Daylight has updated their in-game report system with the intention of weeding out those pesky players who seek to ruin the experience of others. The development team encourages others to report these offenders when they see rule break happening. The team laid out the steps need to report a player.
- A link to offender’s Steam profile.
If the player has a custom URL, please use https://steamid.io/ to extract his steamID64.
It will protect your report when hacker will decide to change his custom URL.
- A video recording, which proves the behavior.
With two exceptions – achievement hacks – in that case a link to a public Steam profile is enough; and harassment cases – you can attach screenshots.
- Always use in-game report system, even if you are going to file a manual report later.
Please note, that screenshots are not considered valid proof
(exception – harassment cases)
At this point, it’s probably important to know what will and won’t result in a ban. Dead by Daylight separates their offenses between permanent and temporary bans. The permanent bans will never allow you to come back while temporary bans allow you play again after 24 hours for your first offense. A fourth temporary ban results in a permanent ban. Here’s what it takes to receive a permanent ban and temporary ban.
- Achievement hacks
Using 3rd party software to tamper with Dead by Daylight achievements in any way. Unlocking, locking, clearing them off – all of this is prohibited.
- Hacking in-game exclusives/Legacy skins
Acquiring any kind of in-game skin a player isn’t supposed to have.
Legacy cutoff happened on November 24th, 2016. If player has received Legacy skins anytime after that, it is considered hacking (3rd party software/expanding Legacy cutoff time/loading up a savefile, etc.)
Video of this person in a hacked skin (and you opening the profile to ensure it’s theirs) is mandatory.
Killer spawns and stays at one place, hitting air the whole time. He doesn’t move or change the hit pattern even if gates are opened and some of the Survivors are already gone. Video of the match (showing the tally screen is crucial) is mandatory.
- Hacked progress
Using 3rd party software or any other way to hack amount of BP in the game. Or loading up any savefile except from your own backup (any savefile – from previously banned account, from a friend, your savefile from BETA, etc.)
- Other hacks
Using 3rd party software or other tools to gain any kind of unfair advantage wasn’t intended by the game, except if they have been whitelisted by us. Heavy proof and a video recording is mandatory.
Please note, that after 3 permanent bans you will be Hardware Banned.
If you wish to appeal your permanent ban, please contact support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harassment: Communication Abuse
- Insults, intimidation, hateful speech, repeated harassment
- Multiplatform harassment (Steam/Twitter/Facebook, Twitch etc.) – These are exceptional cases, if you go all the way to do this, you will be banned for 48 hours right away, skipping the 24 hours ban.
- Greifing: Intentional gameplay abuse
- Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates
- Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience
- Holding the game hostage
- Exploits: Abusing bugs or errors in design to gain a competitive advantage
- Showing exploits on stream / advertising exploits in any form
- Exploit bugs, errors in design or undocumented features to gain access to what would otherwise not be available or to obtain any competitive advantage
- Unsportsmanlike conduct
- Disconnects and/or Rage quitting – no report needed. We’re using our backend analytics to flag and ban players who are constantly disconnecting/leaving the game.
- Lag switching
- Another popular asymetical horror game also took similar measures to combat toxic players. Friday the 13th: The Game laid out their own list of guidelines that result in a ban earlier this year. It’s good to see developers protecting the players of their game and taking action against repeat offenders.