Download Video Links
Here are the top 10 tips/tricks/cheats you need to know for Ancient Frontier.
1. The Tutorial is Like a Cookbook: Pick and Choose
• If you are already familiar with turn-based strategy, you can skip the tutorial and jump into the game. The tutorial covers every mechanic in the game, and is split into chapters so it can be used as reference material. It’s around a half hour to address any question you have, so feel free to skip around the tutorial for mechanics you aren’t familiar with.
2. Your First Step? More Ships
• After completing your first mission, be sure to buy at least one additional ship right away. Finishing the first story mission will start you in the game proper, but you will have only one fighter squadron to deploy on bounty missions. One fighter is not strong enough to complete bounty missions. Spend all of your Hydrium on either a capital ship or several more fighter squadrons before trying to take optional missions.
3. What to Research Early
• Research additional Move and Ability points early. Red and blue orb move and ability points are probably the most powerful items in the tech tree. With your starting resources, you have enough to research one top level technology right from the start. Pick a ship type you want to focus on. If it is a ship that comes with one move and three action points, picking up a second move point right away will greatly increase the versatility of the ship and make missions quicker. If you want to focus on a ship that starts with only one or two action points and already has at least two moves, picking up an additional action point will greatly increase its options and offense.
4. Focus Your Upgrades
• When researching upgrades, it is best to focus on just one or two ship types early on and branch out to more types later in the game. Early in the game, you only get so many ships to use. A ship with the entire tech tree researched will give you a significant boost over the enemies. Try to spend your data improving the key parts of your fleet for the first five to 10 story missions.
5. Quick Exp.
• Early in the game, taking simulator missions with your ships and then immediately retreating is a fast and easy way to gain levels. Retreating from a mission will still award you with 25-percent of the main quest experience. Simulator missions offer considerable experience rewards, but are often too tough for starting fleets to be able to complete. But because they offer so much experience, most of your fleet is likely to still gain a level or two even if you retreat immediately.